Saturday, May 28, 2011

Laramate

First, I wanna tell all of you that you are very special to me. It means so much to have friends that talk to God about me and encourage me and are so very giving to the work of God. I feel so priveledged to be used by God and I just want you to know that He is using you too, at home and through your prayers. I also want to start off with something they have taught me this week through the training. As they wanted to teach on the topic of missions, they brought up the Great Commision in Matthew. It says "Go and make diciples..." But what Rick Jenkins pointed out to us was that the original word for "go" (Greek or Hebrew I can't remember, sorry) really means "as you are going." So I want to encourage all of you that in order to tell people of the good news, you don't necesarily have to go anywhere. Just as you are going throughout your everyday lives, you share the gospel and diciple people and teach them. I'm so blessed to have you guys supporting me prayerfully, and I want you to know that I am supporting you also prayerfully to make diciples as you are going. Jesus says, "the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few." We are the workers. And there ought to be more of us. So I am also praying for all of you. I also want to tell all of you that today is our last day in Lima. Tomorrow, we go out to our villages. My team will meet Pastor Wilfredo in Ica and he will take us the rest of the way to Laramate. I am so excited to finally get to meet these people and build relationships with them. Please pray that they be accepting to us. We are different, in looks and beliefs, and sometimes they have difficulty accepting us. Also please pray for our safety. Pray that while we are there, their hearts will be open to what God is saying to them through us. Ask Him to equip us everyday with the words to say and understanding of their feelings. We can't do this without Him. I am so blessed to be on a team that gets along so well and that all of us speak spanish enough. This is a huge advantage for us, but it is not by this advantage that they will believe. It's by His works through our weaknesses and strength. Please ask God to humble us. None of this is for our glory or for us to boast in ourselves, but it's about Him and His love and mercy for us all. At this point I don't know when I will have access to internet again, but I will send updates as I can. Que Dios les bendiga!

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for the encouragement. it's so easy to forget that when we become Christians, we are committing to full-time mission work - whether we leave our hometowns to do that work or not. thanks for the reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete